Wedding Trends according to Pinterest
Recently, Pinterest published this blog “Wedding season is back and Pinterest is inspiring a new look to walking down the aisle”. Let’s hit the highlights. We all know that people on Pinterest “Pinners” look to Pinterest for life’s biggest moments. They want to see inspiration to help them plan for the future.
Pinterest has visual discovery capability which helps because we all know that you can’t always describe what you’re looking for in words. it often leads to things you didn’t even think about. Now 2022 Wedding Season is fast approaching. So it goes without saying that Pinners have already been searching for all things wedding related from wedding planning advice, to wedding themes, to wedding flowers and (of course) wedding poses.
There’s already been a lot of talk about how BIG this year’s wedding season is going to be. It’s predicted to be THE BUSIEST on record. As you know with all of the cancellations in 2021, couples are making up for missing a cancelled wedding or having big bashes to make up for the tiny small weddings they didn’t really want. I’ve been a photographer since 2009 and this year is like no other year I’ve ever seen.
Pinterest is obviously one of the first stops a couple who gets engaged goes to. In service to all those couples, Pinterest gathered all of the TOP TRENDS to help Pinners get ready for this wedding season.
Whether you’re searching for what to wear as a wedding guest, to celebrating cultural traditions or to plan an entire color scheme for your wedding, Pinterest has is the past taken care of people and this year is no different.
Gen Z is approaching weddings with a traditional flare and also non-traditional. Here are some stats Pinterest shared.
Gen Z ties the knot
Gen Z Pinners are driving unconventional wedding themes by shaking things up from dresses to cakes, elaborate themes and beauty inspo 1:
Incorporating black (See More Ideas Here)
- Black dress wedding party searches increased by 10X
- Goth wedding decorations searches increased by 6X
- Black wedding ideas searches increased by 6X
- Vampire wedding dress searches increased by 4X
- Black wedding cakes searches increased by +94%
Forest and woodland vibes
- Woodland fairy wedding searches increased by 7X
- Enchanted forest wedding dress searches increased by 5X
- Enchanted forest cake searches increased by 4X
- Enchanted forest centerpieces searches increased by 3X
- Forest wedding ceremony searches increased by 2X
Pearl everything (see Pinterest Predicts Pearlcore trend)
- Pearl wedding searches increased b y3X
- Pearl wedding veil searches increased by 3X
- Pearl wedding dress searches increased by 2X
- Pearl wedding decorations searches increased by 2X
- Pearl cake searches increased by +46%
Dark Wedding Vibes
Black dress and decor are having a moment this wedding season. Brides are searching for non-traditional wedding colors for dresses, nails and decor 2.
Dark wedding trend
- Dark wedding ideas searches increased by 59X
- Dark lovers aesthetic searches increased by 39X
- Black glam nails searches increased by 50X
- Black dress wedding party searches increased by 34X
Black wedding shop tab trends
- Red and black wedding theme searches increased by 4X
- Black boho wedding dress searches increased by 4X
- Sage green and black wedding searches increased by 3X
- Black wedding decorations classy searches increased by 2X
Sustainable wedding ideas (See More Ideas Here)
Pinners are searching for ways to lessen the environmental impact on their big day. Here are the biggest eco trends5.
- Thrifted wedding searches increased by 3X
- Eco friendly wedding favors searches increased by 2X
- Eco friendly wedding ideas searches increased by 2X
- Reuse wedding dress ideas searches increased by 2X
- Thrifted wedding decor searches increased by +69%
More than 400 million people around the world come to Pinterest each month to find inspiration to create a life that they love. When it comes to weddings, Pinners are looking even more for ideas to celebrate their big day in a way that feels natural and personal to them. Regardless of your vision or budget, Pinterest has endless ideas that will help you with all the inspiration you need to help you plan your big day. Try out Pinterest’s inclusive beauty tools like skin tone ranges and hair pattern search to get inspired for hair and makeup looks on your big day.
The vast world of cultural weddings on Pinterest
Celebrating cultures and important traditions are surging on Pinterest as Pinners embrace their roots. In fact, 45% of the top 100 trends in the wedding category are related to different cultures and religions. As a platform for positivity, Pinterest wants to raise awareness that cultures are not costumes and they shouldn’t be opportunities to turn a person’s identity into a stereotyped image 3.
- Latest Haldi outfit for bride searches increased by 51X
- Nikah dress Pakistani brides searches increased by 39X
- Filipino wedding invitation searches increased by 2X
- Traditional Chinese wedding dress searches increased by 5X
- Wedding gown Korean searches increased by 6X
- Traditional Mexican wedding dress searches increased by 2X
- Native American wedding traditions searches increased by 2X
- Colombian wedding searches increased by 2X
- Peruvian wedding searches increased by +76%
- Modern African dresses wedding searches increased by 28X
- Aso Ebi style searches increased by 12X
- Nigerian bridesmaid dresses classy searches increased by 10X
- Rwandan traditional wedding dress searches increased by 6X
- Spanish wedding decor searches increased by 7X
- French wedding style searches increased by 3X
Love is for everyone
Pinners are celebrating all types of love with searches exploding for non binary wedding inspiration3.
- Non binary wedding outfit searches increased by 8X
- Lesbian wedding bridal party searches increased by 3X
- Gay wedding suits searches increased by 3X
- Queer wedding searches increased by 2X
Bridgerton inspired themes (check out wedding themes)
Weddings and showers are getting the royal treatment with influences from the show that has everyone yearning for old-fashioned romance4.
- Bridgerton bridal shower ideas searches increased by 12X
- Tea party themed bridal shower ideas searches increased by 4X
- Pastel bridal shower searches increased by 2X
- Garden bridal shower themes searches increased by 2X
- Bridgerton wedding searches increased by +31%
If you are getting married in the bay area of Northern California, check our photography website.
And if you are a wedding business pro who wants help tackling Pinterest either done with you, done for you, or DIY – I’m your girl!
You can view the original Pinterest blog, “Wedding season is back and Pinterest is inspiring a new look to walking down the aisle”
1 Pinterest internal search data; Global; January 22nd, 2022 to February 20th, 2022 vs January 22nd, 2021 to February 20th, 2021; Gen Z ages 18-24
2 Pinterest internal search data; Global; December 16th, 2021 to January 15th, 2022 vs December 16th, 2020 to January 15th, 2021
3 Pinterest internal search data; Global; January 22nd, 2022 to February 20th, 2022 vs January 22nd, 2021 to February 20th, 2021
4 Pinterest internal search data; Global; January 29th, 2022 to February 27th, 2022 vs January 29th, 2021 to February 27th, 2021
5 Pinterest internal search data; Global; February 5th, 2022 to March 6th, 2022 vs February 5th, 2021 to March 6th, 2021
Want More Wedding Tips!
The Pros and Cons of Eloping: Is It Right for You | 2023 Edition
The article discusses the signs that eloping might be a good fit for you. Some of these signs include having a smaller budget, not being into the spectacle of a traditional wedding, wanting a more intimate ceremony, being worried about family drama ruining your day, and wanting to travel and explore. The article goes into more detail about each of these signs.
A Ghoulish Halloween Wedding at the Brazilian Room Tilden National Park in Berkeley | Anglelica + Vincent | Jen Vazquez Photography
This blog post captures the spooktacular Halloween wedding of Angelica and Vincent at the Brazilian Room in Berkeley. Photographer, Jen Vazquez, was excited to hear that the bride would be wearing black and that the wedding would have a Halloween theme. With the help of the talented wedding planner, Leann Lane Weddings, the wedding turned out to be both gorgeous and ghoulish. The couple met on Tinder and got engaged at a pumpkin patch in October. Their favorite date was their second one where they talked for hours while walking around Golden Gate Park. They love to travel, attend concerts, go on hikes, and even visit Target together. This post showcases the unique and romantic love story of Angelica and Vincent, captured through the lens of Jen Vazquez’s photography.
3 Ways To Cut Costs When Wedding Planning
Planning a wedding can be an exciting and memorable experience, but it can also be a significant financial burden. With the average cost of a wedding in the US for 2023 being around $29,000, it’s essential to be mindful of expenses and cut costs wherever possible. In addition to shortening your guest list, there are other practical ways to reduce wedding costs. For example, consider simplifying your floral budget, choosing a practical time of year, and being mindful of peak wedding season. By making smart financial choices early on, you can ensure that your special day is not only beautiful and memorable but also financially manageable.