Tips for Beautiful Fall or Winter Photos | Jen Vazquez Photography
There is a special kind of magic that comes with outdoor, winter photo sessions. There’s a chill in the air but the light is phenomenal! Here are some tips to make your winter or fall photo sessions go smoothly.
- Dress warmly. You will be surprised at how often this is overlooked. Since you’ll be standing outside for a long period of time, short sleeves, thin fabrics, and open toe shoes will not be comfortable for very long. Shivering makes it hard to look happy and pose properly. If you want to wear something that is more summer in the winter, then bring a sweater or coat to wear in between shots.
- Wear sunscreen. Protecting your skin should be a priority throughout the year, not just in summer. Use a good moisturizer to protect your skin from chilly winds.
- Be flexible. If the weather isn’t exactly what you had hoped for, see if you can still make the photo session work. If you are however scheduling this session in advance, you may just have to work with the weather on that particular day. Some of the most beautiful images came from when it was raining. The overcast sky is like a filter from mother nature and makes for stunning images.
- Incorporate color. Even though fall and winter have some amazing colors to work with, why not wear a splash of color to really stand out in your photos? For example, vibrant shades of blues and greens look amazing amongst crunchy brown leaves.
- Plan your day. Taking your photos just after the sun rises or just before it sets will provide you with amazing lighting so try and plan your session around those times.
- Be Prepared! Take some hot tea, hot chocolate or coffee along to make your photo session even more enjoyable and get ready for some beautiful results.
Schedule your Fall or Winter photo shoot now by clicking here.
If you like this blog, you may like this one http://jenvazquez.com/6-tips-excellent-family-photos/