Wedding planning is no joke, folks! Even if you’re a seasoned pro, something is bound to go awry. But don’t fret – that’s where your trusty emergency kit comes in! Think of it as insurance for your big day. Below is a list of items that I’ve seen brides need over the 13 years I’ve been photographing weddings. You don’t necessarily need everything, but better safe than sorry, am I right?
Pro tip: Keep it compact, people! You don’t want a massive bag weighing you down. These items can be found at any pharmacy, Target, Walmart, or you can just let Amazon work their magic. Click the link below to download your shopping list and check out the Amazon affiliate links for easy peasy purchasing.
Oh, and a little PSA: Remember, this is the day you’re marrying your best friend! So if something small does go awry, don’t sweat it. It’s all about the love, baby!
Whether you are the maid of honor (you are a good friend!!) or the bride herself who wants to ensure the wedding goes well, this list is super helpful for any little emergency. Also, it makes an amazing honeymoon emergency kit after the wedding!
Extra bonus tip: Share this post with your maid-of-honor and split the shopping list with your bridesmaids. Teamwork makes the dream work, after all!
These are all products I’ve used or my brides have used and loved!
- Wedding day lip color
- face powder in a compact with mirror (for a shine that comes toward the end of the wedding)
- Eye drops (use a dry eye formula)
- Sunscreen (6 bottles so you can share them with your bride tribe)
- Hair elastics and bobby pins (in your hair color)
- Hair Spray (hair, static electricity and/or stocking runs)
- Nail file
- Nail polish
- Perfume / Body Spray
- Pain reliever/Antacid / Stomach medicine/Bandaids
- Water bottle with straw (so you don’t mess up your lipstick
- Mints (for queasiness and not gum as there’s nothing pretty about a bride chewing gum)
- Snack: saltine crackers (for queasiness), almonds, protein, and/or energy bar. For low blood sugar a piece of hard candy
- Mini sewing kit
- Safety pins
- Lint roller (for your and your groom)
- Super Glue (shoe or jewelry issues)
- Earring backs
- Extra contact lenses
- Charged cell phone
- Cell phone charger (this one plugs into the wall, and charges multiple types of phones with cords built-in).
- Bug spray
- Antibacterial hand wipes (in the first aid kit also)
- Flats or flip flops
Click the link below to download your list!
Are you looking for a Photographer for your Wedding?
Located in San Jose, California but love to travel and capture love!! Click HERE to email us.
Bay Area Branding Mini Sessions
Branding Mini Sessions by Bay Area Branding Photographer Jen Vazquez Photography. In different cities throughout the Bay Area, California
Soft Romantic + Minimalistic Wedding at Viansa Winery in Sonoma | Kassandra + Kevin
Soft Romantic + Minimalistic Wedding at Viansa Winery in Sonoma | Kassandra + KevinKassandra's sister Sophia and my youngest daughter are besties. Still, I never assumed I'd be their photographer as couples want images and styles that they want. When Sophia called...
Embrace Your Beauty: 6 Reasons to Book a Boudoir Session Today,
6 Reasons to Book a Boudoir SessionDo you ever look in the mirror and wish you could see yourself the way others do? It's time to embrace your beauty and explore your unique self with boudoir photography. This article will give you six compelling reasons to book a...
This is such a handy list Jen!! Wedding days are so stressful and it’s so great to have a list of all things…..awesome post
Thank you so much!! It’s from years of shooting weddings hehe
Great article! I never thought about the superglue but will definitely be add it to my kit!!
I’ve used super glue on a loose heel, a hem, a broken nail, and jewelry. It’s a lifesaver!!
Such good information!! Love this idea!!
Thanks!! After 10 years of photographing, I’ve had all the emergencies hehe
Flats or flip-flops, yes!! I only lasted through the ceremony in my heels!
It is such a good one! And I love when brides have a basket of flip flops on the dance floor for guests.
What a great resource for brides! I often carry a small emergency kit that has come in handy on more than one occasion!
Me too. Everything helps!!
OK I am bookmarking this! What a great resource. 🙂