During wedding planning, you are doing everything you can to ensure that things are planned within an inch of their life. That’s why wedding planning is so hard. However, even if you are an expert wedding planner, something won’t go perfectly. That’s why an emergency kit is helpful.
Do you need everything on this list? No, but it doesn’t hurt. It’s considered insurance for your wedding day. Below is a listing of all the items that I have seen brides need or use on a wedding day over my 10 years of photographing weddings.
Also, these emergency kits are great to put into your car after the wedding. I literally still have mine!
Public Service Announcement (PSA): This is the day you are marrying your best friend! So, if something small does come up, don’t worry about it at all!
BONUS TIP: You want to get tiny portions so your emergent kits aren’t like a huge bag. These are always in one spot in a pharmacy type store or think Target / Walmart. Or you can just click below and let Amazon do all the work!
The list is below, but if you look toward the bottom, you’ll find an image you can print and use as a shopping list. I’ve also linked locations to purchase these items on Amazon to make things really simple. Note: They are affiliate links. You get the same price, but Amazon will pay a tiny stipend for anything purchased. You can get many of these items at the dollar store too – so shop wherever you want!
BONUS TIP: Send this blog post to your maid-of-honor and have her either gather these items for you or split the list with your bridesmaids so everyone gets a few items.
- Wedding day lip color
- face powder in a compact with mirror (for a shine that comes toward the end of the wedding)
- Eye drops (use a dry eye formula)
- Sunscreen (6 bottles so you can share them with your bride tribe)
- Hair elastics and bobby pins (in your hair color)
- Hair Spray (hair, static electricity and/or stocking runs)
- Nail file
- Nail polish
- Perfume / Body Spray
- Pain reliever/Antacid / Stomach medicine/Bandaids
- Water bottle
- Mints (for queasiness and not gum as there’s nothing pretty about a bride chewing gum)
- Snack: saltine crackers (for queasiness), almonds, protein and/or energy bar. For low blood sugar a piece of hard candy
- Mini sewing kit
- Safety pins
- Lint roller (for your and your groom)
- Super Glue (shoe or jewelry issues)
- Earring backs
- Extra contact lenses
- Charged cell phone
- Cell phone charger (this one plugs into the wall, charges multiple types of phones with cords built-in).
- Drinking straw
- Bug spray
- Antibacterial hand wipes (in the first aid kit also)
- Flats or flip flops
Click the link below to download your list!
Are you looking for a Photographer for your Maternity Session?
I'm a branding photographer based in San Jose, California but love to photograph anywhere! Click HERE to chat.
Five Reasons To Take Family Photos Every Year by Jen Vazquez Photography
Virtual Brand PhotographyBrand Photos from the comfort of your home or office. This way you get consistent photos that you can use to market your business. All you need is your cell phone and a cell phone holder. Virtual Brand Photography is $250. This is what's...
Branding Mini Sessions by Bay Area Branding Photographer Jen Vazquez Photography. In different cities throughout the Bay Area, California