During wedding planning, you are doing everything you can to ensure that things are planned within an inch of their life. That’s why wedding planning is so hard. However, even if you are an expert wedding planner, something won’t go perfectly. That’s why an emergency kit is helpful.
Do you need everything on this list? No, but it doesn’t hurt. It’s considered insurance for your wedding day. Below is a listing of all the items that I have seen brides need or use on a wedding day over my 10 years of photographing weddings.
Also, these emergency kits are great to put into your car after the wedding. I literally still have mine!
Public Service Announcement (PSA): This is the day you are marrying your best friend! So, if something small does come up, don’t worry about it at all!
The list is below, but if you look toward the bottom, you’ll find an image you can print and use as a shopping list. I’ve also linked locations to purchase these items on Amazon. They are affiliate links. You won’t pay any more, but Amazon will pay a tiny stipend for anything purchased. You can get many of these items at the dollar store too – so shop wherever you want!
- Wedding day lip color
- face powder in a compact with mirror (for a shine that comes toward the end of the wedding)
- Eye drops (use a dry eye formula)
- Hair elastics and bobby pins (in your hair color)
- Hair Spray (hair, static electricity and/or stocking runs)
- Nail file
- Nail polish
- Perfume / Body Spray
- Pain reliever/Antacid / Stomach medicine/Bandaids
- Water bottle
- Mints (for queasiness) and not gum as there’s nothing pretty about a bride chewing gum
- Snack: saltine crackers (for queasiness), almonds, protein and/or energy bar. For low blood sugar a piece of hard candy
- Extra contact lenses
- Charged cell phone
- Cell phone charger (portable and/or wall adapter)
- Drinking straw
- Bug spray
- Antibacterial hand wipes
- Flats or flip flops
Are there any supplies we missed that you wouldn’t be caught without on your wedding day? Share them with us in the comments below!