- Generate the guest list together: This is one of the easiest and most fun activities to start with. All you have to do is think of your common friends together. Then, make it into a competition to see who has more to invite. Or see how you can get to a lower number fast. This will all depend upon how many guests you want to invite total.
- Create a Pinterest board for Boutonniere together: I really can’t tell you how many times we’ve had Grooms see their bout for the first time and say oh wow that’s cool! This is because sometimes the Groom has never seen it. A great way to get your Groom involved is to create a Pinterest board with bouts you like and show him how to find new pictures and add to that board. Then together, you can narrow down to the one that you will get for your big day.
- Pick wedding favors together: Wedding favors are an extension of your personalities. You want to ensure that you have both your personality and your Groom’s personality in the wedding favors. Brainstorm together to see what he likes and what you like and narrow down the choices until you arrive at one agreed-upon favor. This is a way to show appreciation for your guests coming and sharing your big day. It doesn’t have to cost a pretty penny, it only needs to be a good mix of both of you.
- Pick a honeymoon destination together: Everyone has a dream honeymoon. So, communicate your dreams out loud together and figure out the best place both of you want to be. Don’t forget that you will need to still use your maiden name on the ticket and hotel room as you won’t have your new I.D.’s by the honeymoon if you go right after you’re married.
- Pick household items together: One really fun way to get your Groom involved is to create your wedding registry together. Make sure that you include items that are in a varied price range for your guests who are on a tight budget, as well as those close family members that might splurge. My husband loved picking out BBQ stuff and garage items and he does the cooking in my household, so he LOVED adding items for the kitchen to our registry.
- Get prettier together: If everything else fails, at least you can both pamper yourselves at an at home spa day! Ask him to try an anti-aging kit with you a few months in advance so that he can look his best on the wedding day. Then you can pick out his wedding-day look together. Pick out his suit, tie, pocket square, and socks together. And, don’t forget that accessories make all the difference!
Make the process into a fun competition—the winner gets the remote control for a week or he gets to choose the beer for a week! These things are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to wedding planning, but they’ll help you both get started.
Are you getting married and looking for a photographer?
I'd really love to chat briefly to learn about you and your sweetheart and what you have planning for your wedding. Click HERE to schedule a free consultation by phone or video chat!!
Head Table vs. Sweatheart TableThe Head Table - Pros You are in the middle of your loved ones: You can put the table in the middle and have tables surrounding you. Being in the center of the action where you can feel the love, is a wonderful feeling. The wedding is...
What brides who have gotten married want you to know! I bet you’ve heard advice like, “get a good sleep the night before your wedding”. Or have you heard these? “try to stay in the moment on your wedding” or “make sure you eat”. That’s good advice but here’s...
Today I talked with Bec of Irie Weddings and Events and we talked about having cannabis at your wedding in a classy and safe way. I asked all the questions, like what do you do about Grandma, asking about her insurance, asking about what happens if someone...