Wedding days are a whirlwind of emotion, laughter, and a little bit of chaos. Love fills the air and that inner light that shines through the bride and groom’s eyes is like a magnet to me. Capturing all of this feeds my soul and I love telling that story through images. As a kid, I spent hours looking through wedding albums dreaming about my day. Now, I get to create those images for future generations.
I know how important your wedding is, so I train under some of the best wedding photographers such as Jasmine Star and Susan Stripling to keep my skills updated, to continuously improve and stay current.
Clients say that the personal touches that I put on the process help them to feel calm and taken care of. I create custom wedding timelines that can be shared with other vendors, talk to the bride to help her relax so that I capture her as she is naturally, asking the bride about little details such as saying “yes to the dress”.
Words can never really let you know if I’m the photographer for you, my photos will, browse then click the contact link below and let’s chat over coffee and talk wedding details! You can also follow me on social media (the little icons to the right) or sign up for my newsletter “Jen’s Advice” to help with wedding planning.
If you’d like to know more, here are some random facts to get to know me better:
- I change my hair color every few months (as witnessed by my images at the bottom).
- I was born and raised in San Jose. My parents, grandparents, and great grandparents were born and raised in San Francisco.
- As far back as I can remember I loved taking photographs and I am my family’s official photographer. When my first son was born in 1988 I got serious about taking photographs. after 3 more children, my passion became my job.
- I love to embarrass my kids by dancing and singing at the top of my lungs in the car. If you haven’t tried it, it’s a blast!
- An obsession of mine is football and I love the 49ers. Both my sons play football and my daughters are cheerleaders. In high school I even played in an all-girl tackle football game called powder puff.
- I’m a sucker for the underdog in any situation.
- I danced for 8 years as a kid and taught dance for 5 years, including getting certified in 2012 as a Zumba instructor by Beto, who created Zumba.
- You will often find me raising my hand to volunteer at church and my kids events/programs.
- I may be creative as a photographer, but I can’t draw a stick figure to save my life.
- I’m nauseatingly positive and wake up each morning with a smile on my face. This tends to irritate those around me in the mornings.
- Yes! I was a cheerleader.
- Everyone says my momma looks like her momma and I look like my momma and my girls look like me. We have strong genes.